EP181: The Richardson Family Massacre
The Richardson Family seemed like the perfect family. Living in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, Marc and Debra had two children, Jasmine and Jacob. Marc and Debra and seemed like loving and involved parents, concerned with their children’s wellbeing. Jasmine was a great kid until she started diving into the darker side of the internet and getting into the “Goth” lifestyle. On the internet is where she met 23-year-old Jeremy Steinke, and she fell madly in love. Her parents didn’t approve–mostly because Jasmine was TWELVE YEARS OLD when she met Jeremy. Upset her parents were imposing rules and trying to prevent her from seeing Jeremy, the pair decided to emulate the characters in their favorite movie–“Natural Born Killer” and murder their way into having a relationship no one could break. That is, except for law enforcement.
Sources and Related Links to Podcast Episode:
- The Risks of Early Puberty
- Jasmine Richardson, Jeremy Steinke, and the Richardson Family Murders
- Jasmine Richardson now — Her attempt at a normal life after completing her sentence
- Book: Runaway Devil: How Forbidden Love Drove a 12-Year-Old to Murder Her Family by Robert Remington and Sherri Zickefoose
- Jasmine Richardson Killed Her Family With Her “Werewolf” Boyfriend — Now She’s Walking Free