EP194: The Lipstick Killer
In June 1946, 17-year-old William Heirens was arrested for burglary. During his lengthy interrogation which lasted six days, he confessed to some unsolved murders in the Chicago area, including one of a six-year-old girl. William eventually was convicted and died in prison. Listen to this week’s story and decide for yourself If he was guilty of the crimes he was convicted of.
Sources and Related Links to Podcast Episode:
- William Heirens, the ‘Lipstick Killer,’ Dies at 83
- William Heirens Was 17 When He Was Convicted For Beheading A 6-Year-Old Girl — But Did He Do It?
- William Heirens: The 1946 Lipstick Killer
- Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology: Psychiatric Study of William Heirens
- William Heirens Murderpedia Page
- Frightening Aspect of William Heirens’ Story : a Vicious Killer Beneath the Façade of Normalcy Murder in the City of Chicago by King Vecchia
- William Heirens Case: the 1940S Lipstick Killer Chicago Serial Killer By Shayne Regula