EP186: The Canal Murders--John Sweeney
John Sweeney seemed like a hard-working and decent man when he married his first wife, Anne in 1976. However, by the time his marriage to Anne ended, John had become a violent drug-abusing alcoholic who was a threat to women everywhere. By the time the law caught up with him, he had murdered at least two women and disposed of their bodies in a most horrific way.
Sources and Related Links to Podcast Episode:
- Inside the mind of ‘scalp hunter’ killer John Sweeney who dumped bodies in canals
- The many faces of the ‘Scalp Hunter’: Serial killer’s disguises revealed as police say he could have murdered more women
- ‘Model Melissa Halstead feared John Sweeney would kill her’
- John Sweeney found guilty of canal murders
- ‘I lived with serial killer for 3 years and knew I’d be his next victim when I found his murder kit under the bed’
- The real CSI: what happens at a crime scene?
- Model from Oakwood killed, dismembered by carpenter in ’90, police say
- Criminal Law Explained – ABH Actual Bodily Harm
- Murder Mile UK True Crime Podcast #23–Canal Killers–John Sweeney Pt 1 (Anne Bramley and Melissa Halstead)
- Terrifying true story behind ITV’s latest crime drama: Delia Balmer lived with serial killer John Sweeney for three years and found ‘rope, tape and gloves’ under their bed before he tried to kill her with an axe