Death By Water Intoxication
Zachary Sabin and Chris West's Untimely Deaths
I n 1986, Jonathan Crawford was the first man in the United States history to be charged with torture and murder by the means of water intoxication. Jonathan was the boyfriend of Angela West, a single mother of three young children. Jonathan often thought up unusually cruel ways to discipline Chris, 6, Shaun, and Sarah, 3. On October 1, 1986, Chris West was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The next day a died from being forced to drink over 120 ounces of water at the hands of Jonathan. All because he ate some sherbet without permission.
In March of 2020, EMT arrived at the home of Tara and Ryan Sabin, after answering a 911 call regarding 11-year-old Zachary Sabin. Zachary had been found in bed that morning, dressed in a diaper. He was dead.
An autopsy showed that he died from forced water intoxication.
Related Links & Sources:
- State vs Jonathan Crawford
- Zachary Sabin Dies After Parents Allegedly Forced Him to Drink 92 oz. of Water in 4 Hours
- ‘Justice will not bring back our son’ says family of Black Forest boy killed by forced water intoxication
- New details revealed in case of Zachary Sabin who died from forced water intoxication
- Mother of Zachary Sabin speaks out after father, stepmother arrested for son’s murder
FOLLOW ON APP