EP178: The Worst Kind of Betrayal
In November of 2013, a Cleveland 911 operator got a frantic call from a woman. Her husband had just been shot outside of the home that they were packing up to move. It seemed like a robbery gone wrong. There were no perpetrators on site, and the man shot was still breathing–even after being shot four times. The man’s wife, rode along with EMS to the local hospital, with her husband, firefighter, William Walker. Unfortunately, William did not survive and this week’s episode is about his murder.
Sources and Related Links to Podcast Episode:
- The Scope of the Problem: Intimate Partner Homicide Statistics
- What Kinds of Benefits Do Firefighters Get?
- What Makes a Person Heroic?
- Meet, Marry, Murder – Season 1, Episode 29 – Curry-Walker – Full Episode
- William Walker’s children, ex-wife make statement on his murder
- William Walker Murder: Where Is Uloma Curry-Walker Now?
- Woman Plots Firefighter Husband’s Murder After Tricking Him Into Marriage With Fake Cancer Diagnosis
- Uloma Curry-Walker Sentenced to Life Without Possibility of Parole for the Murder-for-Hire of Beloved Cleveland Firefighter